Difference between revisions of "Getting Started"
|Line 92:||Line 92:|
The default administrator username and password for DLS
The default administrator username and password for DLS is:
Username = '''admin'''
Username = '''admin'''
Revision as of 16:01, 6 December 2012
NOTE: For Security system compatability, see the list of Supported Panels
End User License Agreement
- DLS 5 Stand-alone
DLS 5 is the direct replacement for DLSIV package. It runs on a local machine with all the components installed within it and contains enhance GUI functionality and modified features compare to DLSIV. This application can be installed via EXE file which will be placed on www.dsc.com or from the existing Auto Updater which will be deleted from the machine ones DLS 5 will be installed.
- DLS 5 Workgroup Mode
DLS 5 Workgroup is a feature embedded on top of the existing DLS 5 platform. There are two parts of this feature: DLS 5 Workgroup Server and DLS 5 Workgroup Client. DLS 5 Workgroup Server will be installed on one machine which will act as a server to all the DLS 5 Workgroup Clients installed on different machines. The database installed on the DLS 5 Workgroup Server machine will be shared among all the DLS 5 Workgroup Clients. All the services will be installed on a server and user(s) will only install DLS 5 Workgroup Client on their machines. Maximum of eight modems will be connected to DLS 5 Workgroup Server machine and maximum of eight overall concurrent PSTN communications will be accepted at a time. 20 concurrent of each Ethernet and SMS communications can be executed with the next job going into queue. Maximum of 200 jobs combined (PSTN, Ethernet & SMS) can be queued on Workgroup Server. This product is very much similar to current DSC ES but smaller in scale and with improved installation method. The DLS 5 Workgroup Client and DLS 5 stand-alone can be installed on the same machine but only one can be run at a time. This will provide flexibility for the end user to work either online or offline.
- DLS 5 System Administrator
DLS 5 System Admin package is designed to be operated by non-technical end users. They will be able to manage and monitor their system but will not be able to configure/program it (no [*8] Installer programming). This package will be distributed as one NSIS EXE file and will be generic for both NA & INT markets (no separate market installation packages). As DLS, there will be two types of DLS 5 SA packages: Stand-alone and Workgroup Mode.
- DSC ES
This is a client-to-server application designed for medium to large businesses to house their entire remote operations in one central location. The bulk of work is pushed from the Client onto the Server. Every time Client submits communication jobs or tries to access the account(s), it gets connected to the server. No Database and Services are installed on the client machine.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2, Windows Installer 3.1, and kb926255 Windows updates installed
- Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 or higher
- Windows Vista - 32 bit and 64 bit
- Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 (SP1) - 32 bit and 64 bit
- Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 (SP2) - 32 bit and 64 bit
- Windows 7 - 32 bit and 64 bit
- Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) - 32 bit and 64 bit
The following applications must be installed for DLS 5 to operate.
If the PC is connected to the internet, DLS 5 install will automatically perform the following prerequisite installations. If not, they need to be manually installed:
- Windows Installer v3.1 - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=889482FC-5F56-4A38-B838-DE776FD4138C
- Microsoft .NET Framework v3.5 SP1â€”http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=AB99342F-5D1A-413D-8319-81DA479AB0D7
- Microsoft SQL Express 2005 SP3â€”http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3181842a-4090-4431-acdd-9a1c832e65a6
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtime (x86)â€”http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf
- Any critical updates to these prerequisites should be installed via Windows Update. At a minimum, DLS 5 will require Either:
- Windows XP Security Hotfix Kb926255â€”http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=966704b5-1a7e-4110-9694-844706a52db7&displaylang=en
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 (use Windows Update)
- Windows Vista (use Windows Update)
- Windows 7 (use Windows Update)
Minimum System Requirements
To support the prerequisites for DLS IV the following system requirements must be met:
- Processor: 600 megahertz (MHz) Pentium III compatible or faster processor - 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster is recommended
- RAM: 1GB of System Memory
- Hard Disk: Up to 2GB of available space may be required.
- CD or DVD Drive: Not required
- Display: 1024 x 768 high color
Download the DLS 5 executable file from The DSC homepage
DLS 5 is built with the future in mind. It runs on Microsoft's powerful .NET Framework 3.5 and now using SQLite database. If you do not currently have these software packages installed, they will be installed automatically during the DLS 5 installation process.
The installation process begins once installation file is executed.
Here is a brief run-down of the installation steps:
1. Install the installation executable file from [www.dsc.com].
2. The installation process will check for prerequisite applications (VC++ Runtime, and .NET Framwork 3.5).
3. If the .NET Framework 3.5 software is missing, it is downloaded directly from [www.microsoft.com] and automatically launched.
4. If Visual C++ Runtime components are missing, they are downloaded directly from [www.microsoft.com] and automatically launched.
Once all the prerequisites and engine files are successfully installed, DLS 5 login window will appear.
NOTE: SQLite is a light-weight database which does not require any database engine installation.
The default administrator username and password for DLS 5 is:
Username = admin
Password = 1234
It is strongly recommended that you change the Administrator's password immediately after installing DLS IV.