Difference between revisions of "Getting Started"
(→Supported Operating Systems)
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
== Prerequisites ==
== Prerequisites ==
Revision as of 08:15, 4 June 2009
NOTE: For Security system compatability, see the list of Supported Panels
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows XP Professional with Service pack 3 or higher
- Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2, Windows Installer 3.1, and kb926255 Windows Updates installed
- Windows Vista
To determine what Service Pack version of Microsoft XP Professional you are running and if the kb926255 Windows Update is installed follow this link
The following applications must be installed for DLS IV to operate.
1) Microsoft .NET Framework v3.5 SP1
2) Microsoft SQL Express 2005 SP3
3) Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtime (x86)
During the installation process, DLS IV detects any missing applications and automatically installs them for you. However, to speed up the DLS IV installation process or if you are having trouble with the automated installation of prerequisites, these applications may be installed manually by the user before starting the DLS IV installation. They must be installed in the order listed below.
1) Windows Installer v3.1 - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=889482FC-5F56-4A38-B838-DE776FD4138C
2) Microsoft .NET Framework v3.5 SP1 - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=AB99342F-5D1A-413D-8319-81DA479AB0D7
3) Microsoft SQL Express 2005 SP3 - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3181842a-4090-4431-acdd-9a1c832e65a6
4) Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtime (x86) - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf
Any critical updates to these prerequisites should be installed via Windows Update.
Minimum System Requirements
To support the prerequisites for DLS IV the following system requirements must be met:
- Processor: 600 megahertz (MHz) Pentium III compatible or faster processor - 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster is recommended
- RAM: 1GB of System Memory
- Hard Disk: Up to 1GB of available space may be required.
Note: DLS uses only 40MB, additional hard disk space may be required for prerequisites.
- CD or DVD Drive: Not required
- Display: 1024 x 768 high color, 32-bit (Recommended)
Download the DLS IV Updater from The DSC homepage
DLS IV is built with the future in mind. It runs on Microsoft's powerful .NET Framework 3.5 and MSSQL Express database engine. If you do not currently have these software packages installed, the DLS IV installer will automatically download the latest version directly from Microsoft.com for you and install them without any unnecessary intervention from you, the user.
The installation process begins with the DLS IV Updater. The Updater manages the rest of the installation process for you and will provide updates in the future as DSC rolls out additional driver packs and feature updates.
Here is a brief run-down of the installation steps:
1. Install the DLS IV Updater.
2. The DLS IV Updater installation checks for prerequisite applications (VC++ Runtime, .NET Framwork 3.5, and MSSQL Express).
3. If the .NET Framework 3.5 software is missing, it is downloaded directly from microsoft.com and automatically launched.
4. If the MSSQL Express software is missing, it is downloaded directly from microsoft.com and automatically launched.
5. If Visual C++ Runtime components are missing, they are downloaded directly from microsoft.com and automatically launched.
6. The DLS IV Updater launches and displays the latest available DLS IV products. Choose the DLS IV Engine and any of the available driver packs you need.
7. The selected components are downloaded directly from the DSC FTP site and installed.
8. Close the DLS IV Updater software and start using DLS IV.
The default administrator username/password for DLS IV is Username = admin Password = 1234. It is strongly recommended that you change the Administrator's password immediately after installing DLS IV. The default username/password for earlier DSC downloading products is supported, but it is limited to "User" privileges. It is not an "Administrator" account. Username = DSC Password = 1234.